Monday, July 7, 2008

Band Forming & Heart Mending

Jupiter Moon Landing. Translator. Elliptical.
Just a few band names circling my brain from above like vultures waiting to pick at the song ideas lying scattered on the ground. Tonight I got together with my drummer friend Tyler, who has been trying to start a band with me for over a year now, and a gent we met thru one of those music ads at the music store named Steve. Steve lives out in Yorkton, which is about three hours from Saskatoon, which suggests that he is VERY interested. His style is tightly woven around the Goo Goo Dolls right now, in a way that resembles a 15 yr old girl newly discovering makeup. He's not very explorative of things outside a traditional melodic rock approach to songwriting, but all the same he presents a very solid representation of just that. We wrote a song tonight, just the three of us playing drums and two guitars, which I thought was great; Steve thought we should have just done it with acoustics because it was way too grungy and loud. Steve's 19. Everything to this kid seems "too heavy" or "too dark". Just wait until you break up from a meaningful relationship Steve... heavy will have its place all too soon. So on top of that project, I have been carefully grooming one or two song ideas. Nothing new, formed and finished yet though. Not since Just Within Reach.
I wrote Just Within Reach in humble appreciation of my (now freshly ex-)girlfriend. I've since had the epiphany that, if she herself filled her very busy life too full, and if I was the part that she chose to jettison, then she is cut out for acting after all... just not honest relationships. I remember her coming to tears over a friend who was sent to Afghanistan, and when I tried offering my guitar playing as a comforter to her, she begged me never to enlist. Now where I have considered enlisting recently just to spite her, I admit the thought was fleeting. Also I remember her coming home late late one night after the staff had been short, and myself worrying she had been in some lethal car accident or had been attacked somewhere. (This worry came from my finding out the Adult Store just next to the store she works at had been broken into and held up with a sawed-off shotgun in March - anything can happen in this boring old town) She told me soothingly that I would never lose her, only now I know that she was caught up in some kind of cosmic wave of acting. If there had been any honest bone in her body, she would have related to the complete and honest adoration I showed her when we were together and become happy reciprocating that love. But apparently being in a musical can serve as a great excuse to dismember a mere appendage like me. *sigh* What's done is done. I suppose a broken heart every now and then can only strengthen me. B, if you read this, just know that you hurt me in a way that I still don't understand completely and probably won't forgive you for... probably.
I miss you Kat~ I know yer probably the only one reading this and so *big hugs and snuggles* when you find this. Knowing you care so much has helped my heart mend itself this past week. That and the band forming thing.

Readers dispurse! There will be more but not for a while.

1 comment:

Kateryna said...

What can I do but just love you and hold you in my heart?

( I am glad you got to express your hurt though. It wasn't in person but at least it's out there if she so chooses to take it to heart )

~ Your devoted friend forever~